B – “Mbuyu”
Tarangire – Ngorongoro
3 days, 2 nights – private safari, all year round
Day 1: Tarangire National Park
Departure for the Tarangire National Park, game drives.
With its 2,600 square kilometres (1600 sq miles), Tarangire is a different habitat to the other northern parks. It is 30 km across (18 miles), from east to west, and 100 km across (62 miles), from north to south.
Considered a “park of giants”, Tarangire is home to huge baobab trees and large herds of elephants, as well as lions, leopards, antelopes, gazelles, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, and about five hundred species of birds, both resident and migrant, the highest concentration in Tanzania.
Lodge 1 – Tarangire Safari Lodge
Lodge 2 – Nyikani Camp Tarangire
Lodge 3 – Oliver’s Camp Tarangire
Day 2: Tarangire National Park
Early morning game drive in Tarangire National Park.
The centre of life is the Tarangire River itself, which during the dry season, along with the Silale Marsh, becomes the only source of water, thus attracting large numbers of animals.
In the afternoon proceed to Karatu, on the Ngorongoro Highlands.
Lodge 1 – Marera Valley Lodge
Lodge 2 – Acacia Farm Lodge
Lodge 3 – The Manor at Ngorongoro
Day 3: Ngorongoro Crater
Today is dedicated to game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater.
The Ngorongoro Crater is unique and unparalleled in the world.
It is what remains of an ancient volcanic cone, whose peak collapsed about two and a half million years ago, creating the current caldera: a truncated cone containing a large “pan” with a diameter of 16/20 km (9/12 miles) with raised edges reaching about 600 metres (2000 feet) over the ground.
This basin has developed into savannah inhabited by more than 25,000 big game and every species typical of the region, with the exception of the giraffe (which does not find food here) is represented in the Ngorongoro Crater.
The crater rim reaches an altitude of 2,350 metres (7,700 feet) and offers breath-taking views. The outer slopes are covered with dense primary forest.
Late afternoon we reach Arusha.
- Safari circuit by customized 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser with pop up roof
- Full board, from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 3 (some lunches will be packed)
- Entry fees to National Parks and Protected Areas
- All indicated activities
- English-speaking Guide (we have a limited number of Guides who speak French, Spanish, Italian and German, they are subject to availability at the time of booking)
- Pick up/drop off in Arusha Town
- Flying Doctors AMREF insurance (air evacuation in case of emergency)
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- VAT (value added tax) 18%
- International and domestic flights
- Entry visa (EU, CH, UK citizens = US$ 50, USA citizens = US$ 100, on arrival)
- Extras of personal nature
- Transfers from / to Kilimanjro Airport
- Transfers from / to Arusha Airport
- Whatever not specified