A – “Shimoni”
lake Manyara – Ngorongoro
2 days, 1 night – private, all year round
Day 1: lake Manyara
Departure from from Arusha town for Lake Manyara National Park. Game drives.
Lake Manyara, below the Rift Valley escarpment, is home to various habitats despite its small area (330 sq km/205 sq miles), of which two hundred are occupied by the lake). They range from dense forests fed by springs that emerge at the foot of the Rift Valley to savannahs and wetlands.
Among many animal species there are large colonies of baboons, vervet monkeys and other species of monkeys, elephants, giraffes and three hundred and eighty species of birds.
From December to March, large flocks of lesser pink flamingos can be found here which then migrate towards Lake Natron from June to October.
Predators include numerous leopards and lions; the latter, annoyed by soil moisture and insects, have acquired the habit (rather rare in these big cats and found only in a few other areas) of climbing on tree branches.
Late afternoon, proceed to Karatu, on the Ngorongoro Highlands.
Lodge 1: Marera Valley Lodge
Lodge 2: Acacia Farm Lodge Karatu
Lodge 3: The Manor at Ngorongoro
Day 2: Ngorongoro crater
Today is dedicated to game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater.
The Ngorongoro Crater is unique and unparalleled in the world.
It is what remains of an ancient volcanic cone, whose peak collapsed about two and a half million years ago, creating the current caldera: a truncated cone containing a large “pan” with a diameter of 16/20 km (9/12 miles) with raised edges reaching about 600 metres (2000 feet) over the ground.
This basin has developed into savannah inhabited by more than 25,000 big game and every species typical of the region, with the exception of the giraffe (which does not find food here) is represented in the Ngorongoro Crater.
The crater rim reaches an altitude of 2,350 metres (7,700 feet) and offers breath-taking views. The outer slopes are covered with dense primary forest.
Late afternoon we reach Arusha.
- Safari circuit by customized 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser with pop up roof
- Full board, from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 2 (some lunches will be packed)
- Entry fees to National Parks and Protected Areas
- All indicated activities
- English-speaking Guide (we have a limited number of Guides who speak French, Spanish, Italian and German, they are subject to availability at the time of booking)
- Pick up/drop off in Arusha Town
- Flying Doctors AMREF insurance (air evacuation in case of emergency)
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- VAT (value added tax) 18%
- International and domestic flights
- Entry visa (EU, CH, UK citizens = US$ 50, USA citizens = US$ 100, on arrival)
- Extras of personal nature
- Transfers from / to Kilimanjro Airport
- Transfers from / to Arusha Airport
- Whatever not specified